Friday, June 09, 2006

Ministry Commitment Convictions

There are some things that men have to commit to in life. I suppose I should replace that "men" with the all incompassing "humanity". Commitments are a necessity in our life. We have no choice to some things. Although, we are so easy to make choices that seem more related to our desires than necessities. I started writing this with the idea in mind just to make a list of things I would like to commit to when I am working full time in the ministry. As a minister, there should be some absolute dedications to some important things in and around one's life. We should be dedicated to God's Word, truth, prayer, goodness, godliness, kindness, love and many other things listed in the scriptures. All these things are an absolute given, and they are non-negotiable. It's kind of like when Christ gave what we commonly refer to as the Great Commision. Many look at it as the Great Suggestion. BIG difference, right? Well, there are a number of things that are over looked because of desire and not necessity. I am not really here to discuss or give a lecture about such things as what the Bible tells believers to do and not do, but this particular thought process is being typed up, so I can remember what it is that I believe is being laid on my heart to do as a Christian follower of Jesus the Christ. If I just say I am going to do something or want to do something, many times I forget until it's too late, so if I write it up, I will always have something to refer to. I also hope this can be used as some sort of encouragement for others to look at and glean from as well. I don't want to just be someone that rambles on and on about nothing that is generally not beneficial to anyone, but I know one of the first things that is on my heart is to seek change in the world whether it is to non-believers or believers. If you read this, comment and give suggestions please. I know there are many things that I need to be doing as a child of God, and I want this to be a place I can include some of those things not directly addressed in God's Word. Oh, I almost forgot the most important part of this blog, Lord, please lead me in my thoughts and endeavors that You may gain all the glory and worship. Thank You for these resources and opportunities to do something and be someone that is used. Help me to be a vessel of change for You and to Your people of this world. Amen.

This will be a work in progress and there will be more added as time goes on.

I. Sign-up as an active volunteer with the SBC Disaster Relief Group.
I have an overwhelming desire to be helping people with what happened after Hurricance Katrina, and all those affected by that storm, but I am so very limited currently. Please God, let me have more of an opportunity once I begin in full time ministry. Thank You.

II. Marriage counselling will be conducted resulting in a Covenant Relationship between the husband and wife according to Biblical standards.
My desire is to counsel men and women who are engaged to be married in such a way that will result in the understanding of the Biblical Standard of a Covenant Relationship between the two. I believe in the importance of the covenant bond between a husband (man) and wife (woman). I believe that marriage is for these two alone until death do they part. I believe that God has such an incredible emphasis on the Biblical marriage between a man and woman that He directly relates His relationship to His children in the same capacity, and it is this covenant which should also be honored within the bounds of marriage.

III. Hold regular Prayer Meetings within whatever ministry the Lord has placed me.
I believe we are to be a people of prayer as believers in Christ Jesus. I know we have direct access to the Father through the Son and God requires and desires our prayers and praise. I hope and pray to lead regular Prayer Meetings within the capacity of ministry God has called me to, and I hope to lead others within the faith to pray without ceasing.

IV. Discipleship of the Church
I believe the role of the Church is to minister, shepherd, witness, and be a light in a world of darkness. It is my hope to be a man that is able to disciple others in the Biblical standard in any area of their life. I pray that I can be ready in and out of season to present the Gospel and Truth of God's Word and Person. I pray that my life will be one of integrity and hope to a lost world, and that I will be a constant reflection of Jesus Christ that it is Him that the world sees and not me.

No comments: